- What is the best synonym for parallel?
- What does in series mean?
- What does in parallel with mean?
- When we say parallel does it mean equal or not?
- How do you know if a structure is parallel?
- Which three sentences correctly uses parallel structure?
- How do you do parallelism?
- What is the meaning of in conjunction?
- What does it mean to parallel someone?
- What does work in parallel mean?
- What does peril mean?
- What does transversal mean?
- How do you say something is parallel?
- Do things in parallel?
- How do you use parallel in a sentence?
What is the best synonym for parallel?
other words for parallelcoordinate.lateral.alongside.coextending.coextensive.equidistant.extending equally.laterally..
What does in series mean?
0. 0. (electricity) Electrical components connected in a chain, instead of in parallel. The total resistance of two resistors connected in series is easily calculated as the simple sum.
What does in parallel with mean?
1. if two or more things happen in parallel, they happen at the same time and are connected. in parallel with: Advertising has developed in parallel with modern industry and the mass media.
When we say parallel does it mean equal or not?
In math, parallel means two lines that never intersect — think of an equal sign. Figuratively, parallel means similar, or happening at the same time.
How do you know if a structure is parallel?
Parallel structure means using the same pattern of words to show that two or more ideas have the same level of importance. This can happen at the word, phrase, or clause level. The usual way to join parallel structures is with the use of coordinating conjunctions such as “and” or “or.”
Which three sentences correctly uses parallel structure?
Answer: The three sentences that use parallel structure properly are the 1st, 3rd, and 4th. ”
How do you do parallelism?
Parallelism ChecklistIdentify any conjunctions or lists in your sentence.Look at the structure of your words and phrases on either side of those conjunctions. … Look at the clauses you have in a sentence. … Are your verbs in the same tense on both sides of a conjunction and within your modifying clauses?More items…
What is the meaning of in conjunction?
phrase [usu PHR with n] If one thing is done in conjunction with another, the two things are done or used together. Textbooks are designed to be used in conjunction with classroom teaching.
What does it mean to parallel someone?
From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishin parallel with somebody/somethingin parallel with somebody/somethingTIME/AT THE SAME TIMEtogether with and at the same time as something else She wanted to pursue her own career in parallel with her husband’s.
What does work in parallel mean?
phrase. Something that occurs in parallel with something else occurs at the same time as it. Davies has managed to pursue his diverse interests in parallel with his fast-moving career. [ + with]
What does peril mean?
(Entry 1 of 2) 1 : exposure to the risk of being injured, destroyed, or lost : danger fire put the city in peril.
What does transversal mean?
: a line that intersects a system of lines.
How do you say something is parallel?
Do things in parallel?
The definition of in-parallel is two objects that extend in the same direction and are always the same distance apart. An example of in-parallel is a railroad track. … In-parallel is defined as to be heading the same distance and direction as something else.
How do you use parallel in a sentence?
Examples of ‘in parallel’ in a sentence in parallelHis writing career blossomed in parallel to his acting.His rowing and engineering careers progressed in parallel. Times, Sunday Times (2008)Because of our age difference, it did feel like we existed in parallel universes a lot of the time. Times, Sunday Times (2013)